The Isely Baerg Entomology Club was formed to (1) Stimulate Interest in the field of Entomology, (2) perform outreach programs for the public, (3) promote and encourage the professional exchange of ideas in the field of entomology, and (4) foster a close relationship between the students, faculty, and staff.
- Members of the Club are composed of graduate and undergraduate students as well as people in postdoctoral positions that are interested in Entomology. Associate membership is available for University of Arkansas Staff and Faculty. Honorary membership may be extended upon recommendation and three-quarters vote of members present at a regular business meeting. Anyone is welcome to join!
- For more information contact the club advisor, Dr. Allen Szalanski, at email@example.com or call (479) 575-4342.
- One priority for the Club is the educational outreach program for children. Members talk to children about insects and their role on Earth. Specimens are brought for the children to admire within an interactive and friendly environment. Traveling Outreach Programs | Gladly provided with two weeks prior notice to the club. For outreach inquiries please email, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Club has a semi-annual Insect Festival where live insects are displayed. Aquatic insects and fossils are also displayed. Other aspects of the Festival are the role of insects in food and insect research at the University of Arkansas. Amazing mounted insects and cartoons are also available.
- Beekeeping Project (Facebook page)
- Guest Speaker Seminars in Entomology/Ecology
President - Beth Ferguson
Vice President - Stephen Robertson
Treasurer - Lizzy Herrera
Secretary - Janithri Wickramanayake
Outreach Coordinator - Aaron Cato | For outreach inquiries please email, email@example.com.
Hive Manager - Dylan Cleary
Club advisor, Dr. Allen Szalanski, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (479) 575-4342.