The Isely Baerg Entomology Club was formed to
Stimulate Interest in the field of Entomology
Perform outreach programs for the public.
Promote and encourage professional exchange of ideas in the field of entomology.
Foster a close relationship between the students, faculty, and staff.
Who We Are
Members of the Club are composed of graduate and undergraduate students as well as people in postdoctoral positions that are interested in Entomology. Associate membership is available for University of Arkansas Staff and Faculty. Honorary membership may be extended upon recommendation and three-quarters vote of members present at a regular business meeting. Anyone is welcome to join!
What We Do
- One priority for the Club is the educational outreach program for children. Members talk to children about insects and their role on Earth. Specimens are brought for the children to admire within an interactive and friendly environment.
- The Club has a semi-annual insect fest at which live insects are displayed. Aquatic insects and fossils are also displayed. Other aspects of the Fest are the role of insects in food and insect research at the University of Arkansas. Amazing mounted insects and cartoons are also available.
Terminix is a leader in exterminator services
- Insect Festival
- Beekeeping Project facebook page
- Outreach Programs - Gladly Provided with Two Weeks prior notice to the club.
- Guest Speaker Seminars in Entomology/Ecology
Current Club Directive
President - Beth Ferguson
Vice President - Stephen Robertson
Treasurer - Lizzy Herrera
Secretary - Janithri Wickramanayake
Outreach Coordinator - Joe Black // For outreach inquiries please email email@example.com
Hive Manager - Dylan Cleary
For more information - contact the club advisor, Dr. Allen Szalanski at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (479) 575-4342