Scholarships and Financial Aid
The 2017-2018 Bumpers College Scholarship Application will be open January 1 - February
Before applying, please read the instructions on the "How to Apply" tab they will lead you to the application portal.
For more information, contact Kaitlin Gragnano (479-575-2596), Project Director for Scholarships and External Relations.
To apply, complete all of the following steps:
- ADD email@example.com to your e-mail address book, as some e-mail servers will block this address. The AcademicWorks system will send emails from this email address, please check your spam\junk folder if you are not receiving them.
- COMPOSE an academic resume
- COMPOSE the required essay.
- CONFIRM at least one reference provider. You will provide the name and email for your reference
in the application; they will respond to an emailed reference request from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to have your reference add this to their email address book.
- Incoming freshmen and transfer students may use a reference who is not from the University of Arkansas.
- COMPLETE the scholarship application found in Item #10 between January 1 and February 15, 2016.
- NOTE: This application may be saved and edited.
- BE SURE to press SUBMIT when completely finished. Applications must be fully submitted to be considered for scholarships.
For more information about graduate scholarships and awards, please contact academic departments directly.
To accept a Bumpers College scholarship package:
- We encourage all recipients to use their scholarship offer as confirmation for all appropriate notifications to local news media, educational entities and interested organizations.
- A letter of appreciation (if required) written to the listed scholarship donor(s) must be submitted within two weeks of the date of a Bumpers College scholarship offer to ensure the timely disbursal of scholarship funds. Please follow the guidelines provided for letters of appreciation. Funds will only be released to student accounts after all required letters of appreciation are received and approved.
- Within two weeks of the date of the scholarship offer, recipients of new scholarship awards must log in to the Bumpers College Scholarship application to record their intent to accept or decline the scholarship offer.
- NOTE: Current students with renewable Bumpers College scholarships for which this is not the first year of the award do not have to record their intent to continue the scholarship.
- Recipients of Crop, Soil and Environmental Sciences departmental scholarships will receive a departmental participation form through their uark email. This form must be completed and returned to the Bumpers College Scholarship Office.
- All materials should be returned in a single package to:
Bumpers College Scholarship Office
1 University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701
All Bumpers College scholarship offers are made based on the information provided in the Bumpers College Scholarship Application. To remain eligible for offered scholarships, please note:
- All scholarship offers are considered “pending” until your eligibility has been confirmed and may be amended or rescinded if your eligibility changes. Verification of eligibility includes, but is not limited to, verification of a maintained cumulative grade point average and current-year FAFSA information.
- Unless otherwise stated, scholarship funds will be applied directly to your student account, half per semester, pending confirmation of the stated criteria and provided you are enrolled in a Bumpers College degree program as a full-time undergraduate student with a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester. Any exceptions to the number of hours required are noted in the scholarship criteria.
- Bumpers College scholarships and associated departmental scholarships will be withdrawn if you change your major outside the Bumpers College, or if the information provided at the time of application has changed such that you are no longer eligible for a scholarship; or may be adjusted if you receive additional financial aid totaling more than the cost of attendance as defined by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Departmental scholarships will be withdrawn if you change to a major outside the awarding department.
- Your spring payment is contingent on your continued full-time enrollment in the same degree program.
- If you will be graduating in December or do not need full-time hours to graduate in your final, graduating semester, please contact the Bumpers College Scholarship Office immediately.
- By accepting this scholarship package, you agree to have your picture taken by our Communications Department, at a date to be determined, for use by the Bumpers College Scholarship Office and to participate in scholarship activities as your academic schedule permits.
|Name of Scholarship||Eligible applicants must be Entomology majors and meet the following criteria:|
|William J. and Eloise F. Baerg Travel Award||
Must present a research paper or poster at an annual meeting of the Entomological Society of America or one of its branches
|John S. Heiss Fellowship||
Completed minimum of 12 credit hours; 3.50 or higher cumulative grade point average; Demonstrated aptitude for and interest in research; May be awarded consecutive years
Focus in Plant Protection/Pest Management; Outstanding academic performance; Evidence of significant contribution in research; Publication record
|Charles G. Lincoln Fellowship||
M.S. recipients must have completed B.S. degree with 3.25 or higher cumulative grade point average; Ph.D. recipients must have completed M.S. degree with 3.50 or higher cumulative grade point average; Demonstrated outstanding academic, research and teaching potential
|Jacob R. and Carol D. Phillips||
Preference to research on integrated pest management or closely related topic
|Lloyd O. and Ruby P. Warren, Scholarship||
United States residents with preference to Arkansas residents; graduate students must have completed at least 12 credit hours with 3.25 or higher cumulative grade point average